August 12, 2019 at 11:36 pm #570Illya KingKeymaster
Comic Easel has options to add comic list to your pages.
Here is one list of shortcodes from https://wordpress.org/plugins/comic-easel/
[comic-archive list=0/1/2 chapter=# thumbnail=0/1]Display a list of your comics by individual chapters or all.
- list=0 (default) – All chapters, not in parent->child relationship
- chapter=# if list=0 and chapter=# (# = chapter ID number) do a singular view
- list=1 if list=1 do it for series that has parent->child book->chapter (chapter= will not work)
- list=2 by year archive, will print a list of years the comic has been made in and show all comics for that year
- thumbnail=1 display the thumbnail of the first post it finds
[cast-page]Display a list of all of your characters, how many comics they were in and when they first appeared
[transcript]Display the transcript of the comic whereever you like within the post
- display=(raw/br/styled*) styled = default [transcript display=raw] = no special output.
[randcomic]Display a random comic inside a blog post
- character=slugname name=postslug chapter=specific-chapter size=(thumbnail/large/full)
I used the short code
[comic-archive list=1 chapter=# thumbnail=1]. This means that the stories have “parents.” The comics are listed by “child” books.
At TheSchlub.com, I crated a page for each book, and listed the comics related to the chapter. In order to find the ID number for the chapter, I went into the Chapters section in Comic Easel. In my example, I renamed my chapters as “books.”
[caption id="attachment_571" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Example of where the ID number is located.[/caption]
Caution- Your ID numbers must be in numerical order so the list populates the chapter correction. I didn’t have this with Totally Naked man so I had to redo all my chapters to reflect the order of my comics. A LOT of WORK!!!.
Here is another list of short codes I found at https://webcomics.com/archive-dive/comic-easel-shortcodes/–
Character: [randcomic character=diablo]
This shortcode would output any comic the Diablo character is tagged in.
Chapter: [randcomic chapter=the-big-nothing]
This shortcode would output any comic in the chapter the-big-nothing.
Size: [randcomic size=large]
This shortcode would output any comic as a full-sized image. If I had chosen “thumbnail,” it would have, of course, displayed a thumbnail.
[randcomic character=diablo chapter=the-big-nothing]
This shortcode would output any comic the Diablo character is tagged in — and only in the chapter the-big-nothing.
[randcomic character=diablo chapter=the-big-nothing size=large]
This shortcode would output any comic the Diablo character is tagged in — and only in the chapter the-big-nothing. And the image would be large.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.